After the first 2 minutes, I was ready to go home, but I didn't. And goodness, I'm glad I didn't leave the theater.
An amazing movie - inspiring, thought-provoking, tear-inducing. The script, cinematography, soundtrack, lighting, costumes, acting, could not have been any better.
And a little "behind the scenes" info:
- Russ' company, Kaleidoscope Pictures, produced this movie for BYUTV. It was filmed completely in Lithuania, where Russ and his colleague, Adam, took their families for 3 months during the late winter and spring.
- All of the actors are British, with a couple from Lithuania.
- The lovely Jack Ashton, from Call The Midwife, is the star in the movie.
- Jack Ashton does not, and could not, play the violin that is featured in the movie.
- The movie is based on a true story.
- The gentleman whose story it is died in 2010.
- His family are musicians, yet they didn't know about this part of his life until shortly before he died.
- Russ' daughter is in the movie (he did Jenna and I a "favor" years ago, and we're in the original "Charlie"). Russ' son and wife are part of the film crew.
- Last year Kaleidoscope Pictures produced A Winter Thaw, based on a Tolstoy short story. The crew fell in love with Lithuania during that filming.
This movie will premier on BYUTV on Thanksgiving Day, and show throughout the holiday season.