I do believe this life is about progress, and making and keeping resolutions/goals is a way for me to be in check with myself - "Am I moving?"
Last December 31, I decided that my New Year's Resolutions were these:
- Take care of my body - get my back healthy, eat healthier, and push myself.
- Don't complicate things (Let it be) - I can certainly complicate my life, and the lives of others by presenting options A, B, C, D - and then just in case none of those work, offering to rethink, or do it myself!
- From Philippians 4:11, "I have learned, in whatever state I am, to be content." (It is what it is)
- Reach out - even if it's uncomfortable.
- Pee when I have to pee.
Today I will get a new planner, review & reminisce as I look through 2012 planner, and I will make resolutions about what, where, when, who, how for 2013. I just may continue with the ones above, add, rearrange, or check one off as now a habit, rather than an intentional action.
However, I do have a few in mind:
- Grow my hair out
- Shave my legs
- Spend less time, and money, at the doctor's/hospital
- Sleep without drugs
- Eat at Chuck-A-Rama, touching every utensil
- Leave hand sanitizer at home
- Play in the dirt