I'm not one to run away - I am not one to live in fear - I will walk away from anger, hurt, betrayal, poison, but I prefer negotiating, talking things through, working things out, coming to some sort of compromise. I believe in education, intuition, and inspiration.
Yet I'm not really a risk-taker, unless a risk is defined as driving down a road without a map, or pushing myself at the gym. I won't put my physical self in any place that might be risky - I don't like heights, I'm not a great swimmer, I'm probably not going to sky dive anytime soon. I like intellectual risks though - what a rush it is to learn, to discover, to know I can learn - bring it on!
I prefer "looking forward to," over "surprise." I love adventure, but I want to know a little about what I am embarking on. Over our back door we have the phrase, "Go out for adventure, come home for love." I like planning, that's part of the adventure, part of the journey - it's like receiving a gift card for Christmas, and then using it, 2 gifts for the price of 1!
And here stands cancer. A risk, a surprise, and certainly an adventure. However - fear, get thee away. I will learn what I can, listen to my own body, and pray for inspiration - it is already arriving.
What I've learned this past week:
1. Acknowledge it - Breast Cancer
2. Don't blame - it's not heredity, not second hand smoke, not diet. It just is. Why me? Why not me.
3. Listen to myself - I was told "something" was coming my way, here it is.
4. Time - a dear friend of mine taught me, "Give it time, the answer will manifest itself." Reminds me of the tune, "You Can't Hurry Love." Time is of the essence, but all I have is time.
5. Get out of my comfort zone - My comfort zone is this, do, do, do, busy, help, seek, find, do, do, do. Now I will learn to be still - again.
PS - Boob Day Party was wonderful - a few pics below.